CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Run momma run!

It was absolutely beautiful yesterday. After E's last nap we all set out for our run. Mr KT took the dogs and I pushed E. We don't run together really, more at the same time. Yesterday E and I just did 5 miles while Mr KT and the pups did the 10K loop. At about mile 3.5ish a college gal from UNO jumped on the trail in front of E and I. She was fit, tiny, muscular and moving! Apparently, I have a bit of a competitive streak so, we jumped in behind her and hung on. She knew we were there thanks to E man who was babbling happily away. And so she picked up the pace 7:30, then 7:15, then 7:00, then 6:30... and so did we. We followed her and her muscular I've-never-had-a-baby body for quite a while (10 minutes?) until she peeled off and we kept going straight. I totally hung with her! It's hard enough to pick it up and run intervals but add a stroller and a 17 lb, almost 7 month old and no arm swing and it ups the ante a bit. Oh and I had possibly the sorest glutes, hamstrings and adductors ever, thanks to lifting the day before. Ow. And so, I allowed myself to finally catch my breath at 8:45 miles (can't be huffing and puffing right behind her, didn't want her to know it was work!). We finished up our run and waited for daddy and the doggies to get home for dinner. All in a day's work.

1 comments:

Benson said...

Holy crap! You're one tuff woman. Nice job chasing down your prey with a chariot.